IDC is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. With more than 1,100 analysts worldwide, IDC offers global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries. IDC's analysis and insight helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community to make fact-based technology decisions and to achieve their key business objectives. Founded in 1964, IDC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of International Data Group (IDG), the world's leading media, data and marketing services company that activates and engages the most influential technology buyers. You can learn more about IDC by visiting www.idc.com.
IDC’s Worldwide Tracker group is looking for an individual with superior analytical, data management, and communication skills to be part of our QC and product development team. Tracker research provides business critical information to top IT companies in a variety of tech segments. This person will be responsible for working with research analysts and SW developers to optimize data checking, entry, analysis, and development of new datasets. The position is based in Prague/Ostrava, and working with local and international teams. The position may include occasional travel and support of external clients.
• This includes various tasks e.g. work with large data sets, work with spreadsheet templates, data entry, categorizing data, data cleaning, data modeling, data visualization, web scrapping.
• Analyze business and market trends for ICT industry and look for data outliers.
• Assist team of analysts with data processing primarily in MS Excel.
• Bring forward potential data outliers to respective analysts for review, and follow up to assure concerns are addressed appropriately.
• Suggest and implement plans to more systematically look for outliers in the data sets through the automation of visualizations and other tools.
• Connect analysts and encourage discussion about overall data quality processes and analysis.
Regrettably, only successful candidates will be contacted.